By Rachelle and Amylene of Top 10 Carinderia Dishes*
Chicken curry is named after its two main ingredients: Chicken and curry powder. Curry powder is available in tingi-tingi or retail from the wet market. Coconut milk makes it yummy and creamy. In most carinderias, it tastes mild although it can also be served hot and spicy. At Lalaine’s Eatery, located at Ybiernas St., Iloilo City, they add carrots. This recipe is also courtesy of our dorm staff, Manong Totong.
2 medium sized potatoes, sliced in cubes
½ clove garlic
2 pieces onion bulb, chopped
1 kilo chicken, sliced into pieces
1 pack curry powder
1 cup coconut milk
4 tsp oil
2 cups water
1. Sauté garlic, onions in oil.
2. Add water.
3. Put the chicken and let it boil for 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
4. Add the sliced potatoes. Boil for 2 minutes.
5. Put the coconut milk. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add the curry powder, and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Serve while hot.